Gibson’s Italia, 233 N. Canal Street, Chicago, IL 60606
Overview (Program Summary)
Non-competes for lawyers are generally forbidden as a matter of public policy, but there are exceptions to this rule, especially when it comes to in-house counsel who may perform various roles. Given these ambiguities and the need to protect resources, personnel, and trade secrets, companies seek to determine best practices and what types of restrictions are permitted. In this presentation, experienced Epstein Becker Green attorneys will discuss this tricky area and provide useful advice for practitioners navigating the “dos and don’ts” of such restrictions.
• General overview of applicable law for attorney non-competes, non-solicits, and confidentiality agreements
• Special issues for in-house counsel
• Application of trade secret law to attorneys
• Attorney confidentiality obligations by ethical obligation and contract
• Practical tips to consider when drafting restrictive covenants for in-house counsel
This program will have a repeat presentation the next day in Oak Brook.
By registering, you agree that your name and email address will be provided to the Sponsor for one-time meeting management purposes.
Participants seeking MCLE credit must sign in and provide their IL ARDC number and email address.