The Chapter Job Board is a free service for ACC Greater Philadelphia member companies where LOCAL in-house attorney job postings can be listed and viewed by any chapter member. Our goal with this page is to help connect chapter members and companies with each other in the job search process.
Postings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, source of income, or place of residence or business, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Posted December 13, 2022
POSITION: Senior Counsel
COMPANY: Brenntag North America, Inc.
LOCATION: Wayne, PA
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of corporate legal duties which include:
- Counsels senior leaders as well as line managers across North America on a variety of legal issues;
- Reviews, prepares and negotiates commercial contracts and real estate transactions;
- Works closely with sales, marketing, operations, finance and other stakeholders to structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements to support real estate transactions, the product and services sales, marketing and operations of the company and acquisition activities;
- Being the advocate, advisor and trusted business partner to our internal teams to address and providing practical legal solutions to commercial issues;
- Assists with environmental, regulatory, mergers and acquisitions, and compliance matters;
- Helps lead the continuous improvement in the way we do business by up leveling our standard forms of agreement, contracts playbooks and other legal processes;
- Manage external counsel in accordance with outside counsel guidelines.
Education and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in a top tier law firm and/or in-house legal department;
- Experience in or with the chemical or wholesale distribution industry (or other industrial business) is preferred.
- We aim to create an environment where the best people want to work, where they can turn their passion into their job and realize their full potential.
- Individual development, on-the-job training, and development programs designed to help our employees grow in their careers.
- Competitive pay and incentives.
- Various healthcare plan options as well as 401(k).