Honorees and honorable mentions are from the Netherlands, Singapore, and the United States.
Washington – The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) announced the recipients of the 11th annual 2022 Top 10 30-Somethings Awards. Sponsored by Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP, the awards are an opportunity to recognize the incredible accomplishments of international in-house counsel between the ages of 30 and 39. In addition to the 10 honorees, two honorable mentions were included based on the selection committee’s determination of their excellent nominations.
“ACC’s Top 10 30-Somethings have come to define talent, legal knowledge, and accomplishments beyond their years, and these leaders certainly carry on that tradition,” said Veta T. Richardson, president & CEO of ACC. “This is another impressive group who are playing integral roles in small and large companies, in a variety of industries, all around the world. Congratulations to each of this year’s honorees for this well-deserved recognition.”
The selection criteria consider innovative contributions to their corporate law department, company, or organization, as well as the depth and context of their participation in efforts to advance advocacy, pro bono services, and diversity in the legal profession.
ACC also thanks Saul Ewing for their tireless support of these awards.
This year’s Top 10 30-Somethings Honorees are:
- Ismat Abidi, Business and Legal Affairs – Middle East & North Africa, Netflix, Netherlands
- C. Whitfield Caughman, Deputy General Counsel, VP – Legal & Compliance, Paradies Lagardère, USA
- Olesja Cormney, Managing Counsel, Toyota Motor North America, Inc., USA
- Cristal Lambert, Corporate Counsel – Litigation, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., USA
- Cory Lamz, General Counsel, Buoy Health, Inc., USA
- Megan M. Lutes, General Counsel and CHRO, Glowforge, Inc., USA
- Mipe Okunseinde, Global Head of Legal Operations, Booking.com, Netherlands
- Kate Shelby, General Counsel, Resultant, LLC, USA
- Shalini Swaroop, Chief Legal & Policy Officer, MCE, USA
- Pervin R. Taleyarkhan, Legal Counsel, Whirlpool Corporation, USA
- Benita Lee, Data Center Counsel, Google, Singapore
- Jonathon D. Wright, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Hurco Companies, Inc., USA
This year there were 142 nominations from 18 countries. Once again, there are Fortune 500 and Global 500 companies represented in the honorees. The 10-person judging panel was comprised of past ACC Top 10 30-Something honorees and ACC members and leaders across the globe.
About ACC: The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is a global legal association that promotes the common professional and business interests of in-house counsel who work for corporations, associations and other organisations through information, education, networking, and advocacy. With more than 45,000 members in 85 countries employed by over 10,000 organisations, ACC connects its members to the people and resources necessary for both personal and professional growth. By in-house counsel, for in-house counsel.® For more information, visit www.acc.com and follow ACC on Twitter: @ACCinhouse.